Sunday 18 November 2012

Symptoms Update - Movements I cannot make

OK, an update on things I cannot do...

The Pilates group that I am a member of is an intermediate level. This week we did two different moves which I found particularly challenging, one simple and one quite complicated.

The simple one is easy to describe - sit with my legs crossed and my back straight, and then rotate each way with my arms out straight. I've commented here before about sitting with my legs crossed, and doing without holding on to my knees was enough of a challenge, so much so that I couldnt get any further. I need to sit on a block to get this to work.

The other move was the Pilates star, which we started to work on for the first time this week. If you look on youtube you'll see various people doing this competently, we were only trying part of this - to raise our leg and circle it. My problem was not being able to raise my leg sufficiently off the floor - I'd have been able to circle it if there was a hole in the ground.....

It makes me wonder how long I can go on saying "no significant symptoms" for. I guess its all in the definition of significant.....

No comments:

Post a Comment